Thursday, May 15, 2008

Horseplay in the Andes

Did you ever have one of those "perfect days"? Well, yesterday was as close to that as many of us have ever come. We spent the day at Lodge Andino, a resort in the Andes Mountains about two hours away from Santiago. After a short coffee and juice (honeydew and plum were our choices) break, half of us went hiking for a few hours while the rest of us went horseback riding.

When we returned, we had a huge barbeque lunch and then had a few hours to relax and bask in the scenery around the lodge. Our guide, Mauricio, serenaded us with a mixture of his own compositions and songs that we were familiar with. I don't think I've ever heard an acoustic version of "Spirit of Radio" by Rush, but now I can cross that off my list. Not a bad day at all!

Oh, as you might imagine, we took a huge number of pictures today, so I've done my best in trying to wade through them to find a few to post here.

No comments: