Saturday, May 17, 2008

Valparaiso and Vina del Mar

Today we finally made it out to the Pacific Ocean today in our visit to Chile's largest port, Valparaiso. Note that I couldn't resist posting a picture of the port operations up here! After a walking tour of the city complete with some of the most annoying barking dogs that followed us during the whole trip, we went down to the beach at the neighbor city of Vina del Mar to see the ocean.

Before coming home, we stopped at the Vina Mar Winery for a tour, sampling, and dinner. We're leaving Chile bright and early tomorrow, and I think all of us are sad to see it go. I'm especially sad that my run of Chilly-Chile puns will have to end. I'm not sure what internet access will be like in Peru, but we'll do our best to get updates up as soon as possible. Adios from Santiago!

No comments: